208 E. Market St., Vevay, IN 47043
Open 12-4pm 7 days
The River History Museum features a rare and diverse collection, depicting life and work along the Ohio River. An unusual collection of riverboat models, important documents from the steamboat days and many other interesting artifacts are on display. The River History Museum also has a gift shop for your shopping enjoyment!
210 E. Market St. Vevay, IN 47043
Open 12-4pm 7 days
Highlighting local culture and life from the Native Americans to the Swiss settlers on through the 19th & 20th centuries. The museum grounds have beautiful shade trees, gardens, and the fountain at the corner of Market and Main Streets.
4085 Hwy 129, Vevay, IN 47043
Open By appointment.
Visit venoge.org for more information.
A French-Swiss cottage, one of the few remaining, showing architectural characteristics of early Switzerland County. Living history events, summer classes in decorative arts.
2021 events TBA
Third St. Patriot, IN 47038
Located in the Town Hall, which has an observation deck overlooking the river. Find a fascinating collection of historic memorabilia and pictures, including several of the 1937 flood. Patriot dates back to 1820, visit the museum and learn more about the history of our wonderful county.
5147 Hwy 56 Vevay, IN 47043
Settled in 1817 by Frederick and Harriet Thiebaud, the Farmstead overlooks the scenic Ohio River. The allure of the farm stems from the family's involvement with the active hay culture of the 1840's, which was the economic drive of Switzerland County at the time. The house is furnished to its time, 1860, visit today!
Stop by the Visitor's Center for a map today!
Take a walking tour along Main Street, the heart of Vevay Historic District. The Vevay Historic District contains 300 buildings, houses & landmarks, bordered by the Ohio River to the south. The largest concentration of 19th century residential architecture can be found along Market Street, where you will also see heirloom gardens & beautiful views of the river. The District was listed on the Indiana State Register of Sites & Structures in 1981. Officially listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2020.