The Thiebaud Farmstead is located on the Ohio River near Vevay, Indiana. It was settled in 1817 by Frederick and Harriet Thiebaud who emigrated from Switzerland. By the late 1840’s the family was actively involved in the hay culture, which drove the economic development of Switzerland County at that time. It was bolstered by the use of the Mormon hay press, patented in 1843. The present house dates from the 1860’s and is furnished to the period.
OPEN by appointment or for special events, which include the Rural Heritage Tour and A Country Christmas. Open Sunday afternoons from April – October.